Monday 18 July 2011

Style portrait interview Number Two

Leah Chernikoff from Fashionista


The robot portrait:

Name: Leah Chernikoff
Birthday: May 12, 1982
Horoscope: Taurus
Place of Birth: Washington DC
Place of Living: Brooklyn, New York
Occupation: Senior Editor Fashionista.com
Most favorite Occupation: reporter

the Fact Interview:

What makes a person stylish?
A person is stylish when what they wear reflects who they are-their clothes make you take notice, they.ve put things together in a unusual way, and they seem comfortable in their skin.

What is the difference between style and fashion?
Style is a reflection of personality I think while fashion is more about the business (though it's a creative one at that) of clothes and dressing people.

Who got the most distinctive style, dead or alive?
I can't single out one person as having the "most" distinctive style but some of my favorites include Jane Birkin and her daughters Charlotte Gainsbourg and Lou Doillon.

How can one become a fashion victim?
When you become a slave to following trends instead of dressing to express who you are and what makes you feel good.

Who is your favorite designer and why?
I like Phoebe Philo at Celine because her clothes are clean elegant minimalist perfection. I also love Isabel Marant because her clothes are just so cool--I always want all of them.

Would you ever shoplift an item of clothing that you just had to have?
Ha - no! Too scared.

What is your favorite phrase?
Don't have one.

What is your favorite artwork?
Wow. That's a tough question. I really like photography and lately I've been into color photography from the '70 by Stephen Shore and Mitch Epstein that I saw at an exhibit. I also love Degas and his paintings of ballet dancers because I love ballet. I love lots of dance but am particularly fond of Balanchine ballets and Alvin Ailey's Revelations (I think I've seen Revelations at least five times).

Who is your favorite artist?
See above.

What is your favorite color?
Grey and navy blue.

What period costume would you most like to wear?
'20 lawn party.

What is for you a little black dress?
Short and sexy.

Do you have and wear one?
Yes I have a few.

Stylistically, what is your favorite movie?
In the Mood For Love by Kar Wai Wong.

Who is your favorite photographer?
I can't pick just one! Today I was looking at photos by Guy Bourdin and I love his work. He's influenced a lot of fashion photography today.

How do you want to be photographed? How do you see a photograph as your own image?
Um, I hate being photographed. I tend to like shots of me when I'm looking down because I'm shy about being photographed.

What is your greatest weakness when it comes to clothing/
French preppy things from Isabel Marant and APC. Also cashmere sweaters.

What is your most prized possession?
Can't think of one.

Who is the most important musician?
I'm sadly not much of a music connoisseur and wouldn't deign to say who is the most important one.

Which world leader has the most distinctive style?
Michelle Obama. She made household names of emerging designers and mixes high anf low pieces for looks that are easy to emulate.


For which famous person would you most like to do a style makeover, and what would you do?
Kate Middleton. She's gorgeous and her style could use a little edge.

What attire would you rather be caught dead in ? 
Harem pants.

What is your style philosophy? 
I don't really have one but I think you should always dress as if you might run into an ex boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment